ONE LESS PLASTIC BAG
One Less Plastic Bag
For those of you who have followed our journey for a while now you'll know we have a bit of a beef with the our old friend the plastic bag! All of our headwear comes nicely packaged in either a reusable paper bag, which by the way is great for storing potatoes or veg in, or they arrive in a pretty nifty cardboard box. The only plastic we still can't shake of is the inner packaging which unfortunately protects the products should the outer packaging get wet or damaged in transit........We know, this is still using a plastic bag and trust us, if any of you reading this can help us come up with a solution to replace our inner plastic bag them please get in-touch, we'd love to hear about it.
Anyhow this still means that we will have prevented thousands of plastic bags being used this season which we feel is a great start. Amazon, you may want to take note and stop lobbying the Indian government to relax their plastic ban.....just saying.
Bet you didn't know....
- Since the 1950s, around 8.3 billion tons of plastic have been produced worldwide.
- In some parts of the world, using plastic is already illegal.
- Kenya introduced one of the world’s toughest laws against plastic bags in 2017. Now, Kenyans who are caught producing, selling, or even using plastic bags will risk imprisonment of up to four years or fines of $40,000 (£31,000). Good work Kenya!!
- 73% of beach litter worldwide is plastic.
- A million plastic bottles are bought around the world every minute.
- Worldwide, about 2 million plastic bags are used every minute.
- 90% of plastic polluting our oceans is carried by just 10 rivers.
- Plastic is killing more than 1.1 million seabirds and animals every year.
- The average person eats 70,000 microplastics each year.
- The average time that a plastic bag is used for is … 12 minutes.
- Over the past 50 years, world plastic production has doubled.
Surfers Against Sewage
If you'd like to know more about how you can help reduce your plastic consumption why not check out 'Surfers Against Sewage' where you can download your own action plan on how to reduce your everyday plastic consumption
- BBCo Ltd